Trainer or Instructor
Teacher training is now being offered to schools to enable students to complete their driver education at a much reduced cost. It involves training a teacher from a school to deliver the course, usually someone with an interest in Road safety.
The Steer Clear programme can also be used to achieve the Skills section of the An Gaisce Bronze award.
Sponsorship is available from time to time to help schools with the cost of set up. Please enquire if funding is available in your area.
Benefits to School
- Run the course within your own timetable using suitably qualified Staff.
- Full support for trainers from the Irish Drivers Education Association with annual training updates.
- Control the delivery in-house, to accommodate schedule commitments.
- Once-off set up fee and your school is onboard.
Benefits to Students
- Significantly reduced risk on the road over the students' lifetime.
- Helps them to become skilled, competent drivers.
- Fully prepares students for the Official Driver Theory Test.
- Targets attitude & behaviour, vital for safe driving for life.
- Enhanced employment prospects and opportunities.
- Interactive and challenging course relevant to everyone.
- Increases self-esteem & independence.
- Engenders a sense of personal responsibility.
- Knowledge reviews & quizzes empower participant to achieve & succeed.
- Encourages open debate, teamwork & inclusion.
- Certification (also currently under application with Fetac)
- Achieve the skill challenge of Gaisce - The President's award
Teacher Training Set up Fee
Teacher Training €1,500
Two and a half days. Location: IDEA House, Killarney Road, Bray, Co. Wicklow.
Teacher's Resource kit €500
Includes Instructors Manual, DVD animated sequences, power point presentations for all modules, activity workshop guides, lesson plans, evaluation sheets, quiz books, knowledge reviews/homework assignments & answer sheets, exams and certificates.
Total Set-up Cost €2,000
Per Student Fee
Licence Fee - per student per course €50
(Includes Steer Clear Driver Education Manual, Log Book & Driving Skills Manual, total value of €44).
Annual Centre Registration fee €100
(first year's registration fee is included in initial set up fee)
Sponsorship is available form time to time to help schools with the cost of set up please enquire if funding is available in your area.
To reserve a place on the next available Teacher Training Course, please contact us on 01 2022428.